For all your custom window covering products, we provide free consultation and measurement. When you choose to do your own measurements for any product, here are some tips to ensure accuracy. Before you begin, you should decide as to what window covering product you will buy and whether you want to install it inside the window frame or outside the window frame.
- Measure the window width at the top, bottom and middle and note down the largest width and repeat the same for the height.
- Decide how much you want to extend beyond the window in width and length. Add this to the width and height that you noted earlier and this will give you your finished size.
- You should always provide measurement in the Width x Height format.
- For shutters, you need to know what frame you are using and the width of the base of the frame. Note down the largest window opening width and height and add the width of the base of the frame on each side to get your finished size.
- Measure the window width at the top, bottom and middle and note down the smallest width. Measure the height at three places and note the largest height . This measurement will work for all horizontal blinds and shades.
- For shutters, measure the window width at the top, bottom and middle and note down the smallest width. Measure the height at three places and note the smallest height. These are the measurements to be provided to the factory to make inside mount allowance.
- For custom draperies, some customers prefer to have their window glass clear when their drapes are open. For center open drapes, you have to make sure you extend your drapery rod enough beyond the window for your drapes to stack outside of the opening. Use the following formula to get finished size Measure your glass opening size width. Divide it by 3 and add 10 inches to it. Add this to the glass opening width to get your finished size.
For example, if your glass opening is 90 inches then you calculate your finished size as follows :
(90/ 3) =30
30+10 =40 inches
finished size = 90+40=130 inches.
For any question please call us for a free consultation at (714)-739-2801